The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa 6902 East Greenway Parkway Scottsdale, AZ 85254 United States
The Multidisciplinary Transoral Surgery for Head and Neck Cancer course is designed for all specialties treating head and neck cancer including otolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, oral maxillofacial surgeons, pathologists and speech pathologists. The course is a focused educational experience in transoral endoscopic techniques for resecting primary head and neck tumors and the associated state-of-the-art application of advanced radiotherapy techniques including proton beam therapy and systemic therapy such as immunotherapy. Live surgery will be telecasted to the audience allowing real time interaction with the operating surgeon and pathologist. Another highlight includes interactive tumor board panels composed of expert faculty.
An optional cadaveric hands-on workshop will provide participants with opportunities to perform various transoral procedures with laser technologies and delivery systems. Renowned faculty will emphasize fundamental transoral anatomy, microsurgical and robotic techniques, wound exposure and transoral techniques. Workshop participants will gain experience in the art of tumor exposure using various retractors and appropriate and safe use of multiple transoral systems.
- Learn about state of the art application of advanced radiation therapy techniques and systemic therapy advances.
- Interactive live telecasted surgery and tumor board discussions.
- Transoral robotic and laser surgery as well as newer transoral resection techniques.
- Renowned faculty discuss fundamental transoral anatomy, microsurgical techniques, wound exposure, flexible and transoral laser surgery, and other transoral techniques.
- Collaborative multidisciplinary state of the art de-escalation therapy.
- Optional hands-on workshop at the Mayo Clinic Center for Procedural Innovation: perform various transoral procedures with laser technologies and delivery systems.