To encourage undergraduate interest in economic issues, Cecilia E. Rouse, President, and Andrew W. Lo, Vice-President, of the International Atlantic Economic Society cordially invite students to compete in the IAES annual undergraduate paper competition in Miami, 17-20 October 2019.
The winner of the student competition will receive:
- $500 check
- Handsome commemorative plaque recognizing their accomplishment
- Complimentary publication of their paper in the Atlantic Economic Journal.
To be considered for this competition, all entries MUST follow the guidelines below:
1. The paper must conform to AEJ manuscript style instructions, be 10 - 20 pages in length including tables, and be submitted in Microsoft Word format. Papers not following these guidelines will be rejected. AEJ instructions can be found HERE.
2. Submit the paper to email@example.com by 15 June, 2019 with the subject line: "Best Undergraduate Paper Competition - Last Name of Student". Please send the paper in a Microsoft Word document. PDF files are NOT acceptable. Title page must include: (a) full name of student; (b) affiliation; (c) e-mail address; and (d) phone number. Do not submit the paper through Editorial Manager.
3. Include an e-mail from the Department Chair certifying: (a) that the paper was written while the author was an undergraduate; (b) that the department will sponsor the student's hotel and travel if the student is selected as a finalist; and (c) that the paper has not already been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Regarding item 3 above, if the Department Chair is unable to sponsor student travel occurring after graduation, provide a separate letter from an alternative sponsor (Department Chair of the graduate program in which the student will be enrolled at the time of the conference or employer after graduation) specifying that the department or employer will sponsor the student's hotel and travel if the student is selected as a finalist.
4. Up to four finalists will be notified of their selection by 15 August, 2019. Finalists will be required to make a formal presentation in person on Saturday afternoon (19 October), at the Miami conference headquarters hotel (Hyatt Regency Coral Gables). Conference fees for all finalists will be waived.
5. Finalists will be judged on both presentation and content. A panel of judges will announce the winning paper after the presentations.
50 Alhambra Plaza, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Miami , United States