The annual winter meeting of SSILA will be held jointly with the annual meeting of the Linguistic Society of America (LSA) in New York City, NY at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, January 3–6, 2019. Information about the hotel and location can be found at the LSA website. Participants will be able to register for the meeting and reserve hotel rooms online at the LSA site between September 1st, 2018 and December 3rd, 2018.
- All authors must be members of SSILA. See the SSILA website for information about membership and renewal. The membership requirement may be waived for co-authors who are from disciplines other than those ordinarily represented by SSILA (linguistics and linguistic anthropology). Requests for waivers of membership must be made by a member of the Society to the SSILA Executive Secretary (email@example.com). (Note: Membership in LSA is not required for participation in SSILA sessions.)
- Any member may submit one single-author abstract and one multi-author abstract OR two multi-author abstracts.
- After an abstract has been submitted, no changes of author, title, or wording of the abstract, other than those due to typographical errors, are permitted.
- Papers must be delivered as projected in the abstract or represent bona fide developments of the same research.
- Papers must not appear in print before the meeting.
- Handouts, if any, are not to be submitted with abstracts but should be available at the meeting for those listening to the presentation.
- All presenters of individual papers must register for the meeting through LSA.
- Authors who must withdraw from the program should inform the SSILA Program Committee Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
- Authors may not submit identical abstracts for presentation at the SSILA meeting and the LSA meeting or a meeting of one of the Sister Societies (ADS, ANS, NAAHoLS, SPCL, TALE). Authors who are discovered to have done so will have these abstracts removed from consideration. Authors may submit substantially different abstracts for presentation at the SSILA meeting and the LSA or a Sister Society meeting.
- Late abstracts will not be considered, whatever the reason for the delay.
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, White Plains, New York, US
New York City , United States