This two-day course focuses on ten controversial topics in cutaneous oncology covering the fields of dermatology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology and medical oncology. The goal is to discuss the available evidence of these topics to assist in making the most informed decisions.
Current and new advances in therapeutic treatments for both melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers, especially, basal cell, squamous cell and Merkel cell carcinoma will be highlighted with the presentations and discussions.
This course is designed for dermatologists, surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, plastic surgeons, head and neck surgeons, physicians in internal medicine and family practice and physician extenders; such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Analyze literature regarding the impact of sunscreen on rates of skin cancer and skin cancer mortality
- Review surgical management of dysplastic nevi
- Review data regarding prevention of squamous cell carcinomas in high-risk populations including solid organ transplant recipients
- Analyze data regarding the utility of molecular assays to assess prognosis of patients with early stage melanoma
- Examine data supporting the use of targeted and immunotherapy in patients with unresectable melanoma
- Review data regarding the impact of complete lymph node dissections on overall survival in patients with melanoma
- Examine data regarding the impact of sentinel lymph node biopsies on improving clinical outcomes in patients with melanoma or high-risk squamous cell carcinoma
- Review most recent data of adjuvant therapy for Stage III melanoma
- Review data regarding the impact of adjuvant radiation in high-risk squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The Ritz Carlton 4750 Amelia Island Parkway Fernandina Beach, FL 32034 United States
Fernandina Beach , United States