This symposium brings together basic scientists, clinical experts and industry partners in the field of tumor microenvironment, immune therapy, anti-angiogenesis and targeted therapy. Hence, this symposium will facilitate the exchange of ideas and new scientific direction involving basic biology and pathways that eventually lead to new individualize therapy for patients. Clinician scientists will present the results of ongoing clinical trials on targeted therapy including immune therapy, anti-angiogenic therapy and others. Novel genetic and imaging methods to assess alteration of tumor microenvironment for monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic responses in the both pre-clinical and clinical trials will be discussed. Different clinical challenges and benefits of new therapeutic avenues including cardio-oncology will be presented. Overall, it is hoped that this symposium will assist in establishing strong collaborations among leading national, international, and Mayo Clinic experts in the field.
This course is designed for basic scientists, oncology specialists and vascular specialists.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Critically assess the role of tumor microenvironment and angiogenesis in different pathological situations.
- Analyze the molecular pathways in tumor stroma formation and immune-angiogenesis crosstalk.
- Identify the importance of tumor stroma formation in cancer progression and metastasis and based on that developing targeted therapy.
- Evaluate precision therapy based on genetic knowledge as a potential target for future cancer therapy.
- Application of nanomedicine for targeted drug delivery.
- Cardiovascular remodeling and role of immune cells in cardiac diseases.
- Building a collaborative platform where basic scientists and clinicians can interface.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL US
Ponte Vedra Beach , United States