The third biennial Budapest Conference in Linguistics (BLINC 3) will take place from the 6th to the 8th of June 2019. We are looking forward to presenting a great programme of talks following the success of the previous two BLINCs.
- Michael Brody
- Pilar Barbosa
Call for papers
We invite the submission of abstracts for talks (30 minutes) on any area of theoretical linguistics. We will be using EasyChair for the submission process. For instructions on how to submit abstracts and relevant links, please see the submissions page.
Registration (Now Open)
To register, please go to the registration page and fill out the form.
Information for speakers
Talks will be 30 minutes long with 10 minutes question time. Facilities for projected presentations will be available. If you wish to make use of these, please bring your presentation in either PowerPoint or Pdf format on a flash drive. We also encourage presenters to bring along handouts. We cannot predict the number of people who will attend any particular talk, but suggest you prepare about 25 copies. Should the need arise, we will be able to make extra copies in time for your talk.
When submitting your abstract to BLINC 2, please note the following requirements:
- Abstracts should be at most one (A4 or letter) page long, including data, tables and references, single spaced and in a font no smaller than 11 pts.
- Abstract should be submitted in PDF format only.
- Your abstract should be anonymous, so please avoid including information by which you can be identified (don't include your name in the name of the file!).
- You may submit abstracts for at most two papers, but at most one of these can be single authored.
- All abstracts must be submitted through BLINC 2's EasyChair site. If you are not already familiar with EasyChair, the following instructions should help:
- Login at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=blinc3
- If you do not have an existing EasyChair account, click on ''sign up for an account.'' You will be asked to fill out a simple form to create an account.
- Click ''New Submission'' at the top of the page.
- Enter author information in the provided fields. Tick the ''Corresponding Author'' box for all authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications. There must be at least one corresponding author.
- Enter the title of your paper in the ''Title'' field.
- Enter at least three keywords.
- Upload your abstract .pdf file in the ''Paper'' field. Only .pdf files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
- Click ''Submit.'' You will be taken to a summary page of your submission - this is your confirmation that it has been saved. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
- You may make any necessary updates by logging in and clicking on ''My Submissions.''
Rákóczi út 5, 1088 Budapest
Budapest , Hungary