The School of Economics and Social Sciences (SESS), in collaboration with the Center for Business and Economics Research (CBER) at IBA Karachi opens the general submissions' call for papers for its 2nd international conference titled "Development: Discourses and Critiques"
The theme for this year recognizes the diversity within Social Sciences and Humanities and the need to be critical of our sources of knowledge. We understand that different perspectives, methodologies and frames of reference create a more nuanced understanding of social change, and we invite scholars from a wide range of disciplines to share their work.
Following are the sub-themes of the conference
1. Economic growth, reforms, and innovation
2. Firms, productivity, and competitiveness
3. Labor, inequality, and Poverty
4. Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change
5. Political Economy and Governance
6. Health and Socioeconomic Welfare
7. Human Behaviors and Social Psychology
8. Feminist and Decolonial Perspectives on Development
9. Literary, Visual, and Digital Worlds
10. Language, culture and development
*LIMITED TRAVEL GRANTS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE
University Rd, University Of Karachi, Karachi, Karachi City, Sindh 75270
75270 Karachi , Pakistan