British Food Journal (BFJ) is seeking papers for its special issue on “Promoting Sustainable Food Production: Challenges, Practices, Impacts, and Solutions”. The guest editors invite high-quality empirical and applied research articles, viewpoint articles, case studies and literature reviews from all disciplines relating to sustainable food production. They welcome articles discussing sustainable food production from the perspectives of households, farmers, and enterprises. The selected papers will be arranged for oral presentations at the conference organized by the Faculty of Agriculture at the Brawijaya University, Malang, Indonesia.
Research exploring the following themes (and other topics related to sustainable food production) will be considered:
- Challenges of transitioning to sustainable food production
- Socio-demographic characteristics and sustainable food production
- COVID-19 and sustainable food production
- Climate change and sustainable food production
- Practices (e.g., sustainable agricultural practices, climate-smart practices, conservation agriculture, resource-efficient practices, green practices, biological control, and organic agriculture) in sustainable food production
- Pro-environmental intentions and behaviour in sustainable food production
- Resource (e.g., water, energy, and other inputs) quality and availability, resource-use efficiency, and sustainable food production
- Pathways to reduce the environmental footprint of food production
- Biotechnology and sustainable food production
- Comparison between sustainable and non-sustainable food production practices
- Agricultural research and development
- Food safety and quality standards
- Regulations and practices of sustainable food production
- Sustainable practices and industrial food production
- Sustainable food production, climate change, and environmental health
- Sustainable food production and biodiversity
- Economics of sustainable food production
- Sustainable food production practices and producer well-being
- Food and nutrition security and health outcomes
- All submissions must be papers that are original and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. All manuscripts must comply with the author guidelines for the British Food Journal. There are no submission fees.
- Submission should be made through the journal’s online system at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/bfj. When submitting your article, please select “SI: Sustainable Food Production” when choosing the submission type.
- All submissions will be subject to double-blind peer review and editorial processes following the policies of the British Food Journal.
- The guest editors will first review papers submitted to the special issue. A paper may be rejected without being sent for review should the guest editors review the papers as unsuitable for the journal in terms of quality or aims and scope. The selected submissions will undergo an expedited review.
- The selected papers will be arranged for oral presentations at the conference organized by the Faculty of Agriculture at the Brawijaya University, Malang, Indonesia.
- Accepted papers will be published online first, and then they are expected to be formally published in an issue of 2023.
- The submission deadline is 15 October 2022.
- Authors of selected papers will be invited to present at the 9-10 November 2022 virtual conference organized by the Faculty of Agriculture at the Brawijaya University, Malang, Indonesia.
- Papers submitted to the Special Issue will undergo a normal journal review process, starting as soon as the paper is accepted for the conference presentation. However, the final decision will be made after the conference. This will allow authors to incorporate feedback received during the conference into their manuscripts.
Wanglin Ma, Lincoln University, New Zealand
Hung-Hao Chang, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Victor Owusu, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
Puneet Vatsa, Lincoln University, New Zealand
Hery Toiba, Brawijaya University, Indonesia
- For enquiries about this Special Issue submissions, please directly contact Wanglin Ma at Wanglin.Ma@lincoln.ac.nz or Puneet Vatsa at Puneet.Vatsa@lincoln.zc.nz.
- For enquiries about conference presentations, please directly contact Ms. Novi Haryati (Conference Coordinator) at email@example.com.
Jalan Veteran Malang, Jawa, Timur
65145 Malang , Indonesia