Cultural differences and their impact on economics and finance are a topic of growing importance in our globalized world. After the successful first conference in 2020, the CEF21 will again bring together internationally leading researchers to present the most recent results in this field.
- Cultural differences in economic and financial preferences, on financial markets
- Transmission of cultural norms and transitions of economic decision making
- Cultural dimensions and their impact on social institutions and law.
Prof. Thorsten Hens, University of Zurich, NHH Bergen and University of Lucerne
Prof. Marc Oliver Rieger, University of Trier
Local organizers:Dr. Lea Shih, Eugenia Bartel
Amir N. Licht, Interdisciplinary Center Heryliya, Israel
Meir Statman, Santa Clara University, USA
Hotel "Deutscher Hof", Trier, Germany, situated directly at the historic city centre of Trier.
Welcome reception at the University of Trier, Campus I.
Trier is the oldest city in Germany and has several UNESCO World heritage sites. It is easily accessible via the nearby airport of Luxembourg.
Conference home page, submissions and registrations: cef.uni-trier.de
Conference fee: The conference is free of charge. Conference dinner is not included.
- Deadline for submission of papers or extended abstracts (PDF): April 30, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2021
- Conference registration deadline: June 15, 2021
Submissions and registrations:
By email with the subject “CEF submission” to email@example.com.
Information about the previous conference can be found here.
Information regarding COVID-19
In case the situation regarding COVID-19 does not allow you to travel to Trier for the CEF21, we will offer to you the possibility to participate online. (We plan to have a live stream of the presentations and will also allow for presenting online.) In any case, please check this page for further updates about this!
Call for papers / Conference Poster