The conference aims to stimulate research on the role of institutions and policies in firm exporting. The event will bring together international scholars and researchers working on topics related to export promotion policies, the role of legal and institutional environment, and theoretical and empirical contributions on the microeconomics of exporting behaviour.
The keynote speech will be delivered by Beata Javorcik, Chief Economist at EBRD and Professor of Economics at University of Oxford (on leave).
Relevant issues and topics may include:
• the effects of national export promotion policies on firms’ internationalization
• the importance of the legal and institutional environment on firm exporting
• the role of banks in facilitating exports and breaking entry into new markets
• theoretical models examining the microeconomics of exporting behavior
• the role of taxation and infrastructure policies in fostering the economy’s integration into global value chains and other relevant topics.