Following the SBE16-Thessaloniki conference, SBE19-Thessaloniki “Sustainability in the built environment for climate change mitigation” attempts to address a large palette of issues concerning sustainability and consider their interrelation with regard to climate change.
The previous experience of the organizers, as well as the favorable weather conditions, the city’s and the country’s hospitality and Thessaloniki’s historical background create the environment for a successful event.
The conference is organized by the Laboratory of Building Construction and Building Physics, Department of Civil Engineering, School of Engineering Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and is part of the SBE18-20 Conference series.
The SBE18-20 Conference series
The Sustainable Built Environment (SBE) conference series which began in 2000, operate on a three year cycle and now include five international organizations as co-owners:
- International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB, www.cibworld.nl)
- International Initiative for a Sustainable Built Environment (iiSBE, www.iisbe.org)
- United Nations Environment Programme, www.unenvironment.org
- International Federation of Consulting Engineers, www.fidic.org
- The Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (Global ABC)
The conference series place a core emphasis on peer-reviewed papers, presentations of regional policy papers, displays of pre-evaluated projects and a small number of high-quality commercial exhibits. These events also provide fast-track inclusion of the best technical papers from national/regional conferences into the global event, as well as registration policies designed to encourage the attendance of students and delegates from developing countries.
Abstract submission : December 21,2018
Full paper submission : April 15,2019