In search of a New Utopia in a world of 4 difficult transitions
The aim of the conference is to provide a forum for discussion on innovative research, in the field of development economics, that can be useful for conceiving a new utopia. The conference welcomes both empirical and theoretical contributions on general issues concerning 4 major transitions:
· Climate change and environmental threats,
· High inequality,
· The spread of 4.0 technologies based on robots and algorithms,
· The growing demographical imbalance between low- and high-income countries, and related migrations.
The international conference SITES 2022 invites the submission of abstracts or papers related to the topics of the conference and development economics in general.
The VII international conference of SITES, organized in collaboration with the Institute of Mediterranean Studies, CNR-ISMed, and the Department of Business and Economic Studies of the Parthenope University of Naples, will be held at Villa D’Angri Doria in Posillipo (Naples) on 16 and 17 September 2022. The event will take place in person or hybrid based on the prevailing COVID related health condition at the time of the event.
The submission of abstracts or full papers in pdf format must be done online at the link Registration & Abstract Submission.
June 25, 2022 – Submission closes
- ex ante and ex post impact assessments of social programs and recovery plans
- economic growth and comparative economic development
- innovation and automatization
- family planning and demographic evolution
- inequality, gender, and inter-generational gaps
- private and public health in the post-pandemic
- environment, agriculture, and natural resources
- governance and political economy
- fiscal and monetary policies
- international trade
- labor and credit markets
- long run sustainability of Italian Dualism
- development of the Mediterranean region
Villa Doria d'Angri - Via Francesco Petrarca, 80,
80123 Naples , Italy