The 9th Biennial Hellenic Observatory PhD Symposium on Contemporary Greece and Cyprus
15 June 2019
We warmly invite submissions for the 9th Biennial Hellenic Observatory PhD Symposium on Contemporary Greece and Cyprus. The main objective of the Symposium is to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and ideas between young scholars currently undertaking research on Greece and Cyprus. It is intended to help graduate research students overcome the academic isolation associated with PhD research, to ‘test’ their ideas and findings on wider audiences, and to establish new collaborative links across disciplines. At the Symposium, researchers will also be able to engage with a wider academic community, including members of staff at the LSE, and a number of other distinguished participants who will act as keynote speakers and discussants.
We welcome contributions from research students (current and recent) across any field of the Social Sciences and Humanities whose PhD focuses on contemporary Greece and Cyprus.
The topics covered in the Symposium include, but are not limited to:
- Media and Public Perceptions
- Foreign Policy
- Public Policy (including welfare, education and social policies)
- Economic Policy (including labour market, industrial, and regional policies)
- Economic Problems and Performance (including macro/micro economics and finance)
- Greece, Southeast Europe and the European Union (including economic and political cooperation and energy)
- Migration and Minorities
- History and Culture
- State and Society
The closing date for receipt of the ‘Abstract Submission Form’ is 19:00 (UK Time) on 19 February 2019.
London , United Kingdom