The (SCOPUS / ISI indexed) GLOCAL Conference on Asian Linguistic Anthropology 2021, The third GLOCAL CALA, September 1-4, 2021 at the University of The Philippines Diliman, The Philippines, symbolizes a significant leap forward for Asian Linguistic Anthropology, and for Linguistic Anthropology in general, from the highly successful GLOCAL CALA 2019 (Cambodia) and GLOCAL CALA 2020 (Malaysia), to further problematize perspectives on and praxis in Asian Linguistics, Anthropology and Society.
The GLOCAL Conference on Asian Linguistic Anthropology (CALA) 2021
- University of London, SOAS and University of The Philippines Diliman
- The GLOCAL CALA 2021 (SCOPUS / ISI indexed) is the annual conference and workshops and lectures on the Linguistic Anthropology, The Sociolinguistics, and the Language and Society, of Asia.
- Symbol and New Society: The GLOCAL CALA 2021 invites work on the linguistic symbols of Asian and global Asian society, in a new era. Submissions should acknowledge and describe the transfer of language and communication in this new era. Papers should focus on the ways in which communication has increasingly taken on both evolutionary and revolutionary form, following recent large-scale changes in Asian society, and in Asia’s new or revised interrelatedness with global scapes.
- Department of Linguistics, University of The Philippines Diliman, Diliman, The Philippines
- September 1-4,2021
UNIVERSITY COLLABORATORS (of over 150)
- SOAS (University of London), University College London, Ohio State University, University of Hawai’i, Stockholm University, University of Kansas, California State University, Aichi University, Temple University, National Chengchi University, Beijing Normal University, University of Illinois, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Florida International University, Hofstra University, University of Indonesia, Nanyang University of Hong Kong, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Adelaide University, National Taiwan University
- Elsevier, Taylor and Francis, Sage, Wiley, John Benjamins, Cambridge University, Oxford University
- General Papers (25-minute presentations)
- Colloquia (including 10 national Philippine Universities presenting individual Colloquia) (90-minute group sessions)
- Posters (at designated times throughout The GLOCAL CALA 2021)
- Workshops/lectures on research and publishing methodology, and on ethnography, by globally prominent academics (including ELAR SOAS) and publishing companies
- Special Panels
- Keynotes: Jack Sidnell (University of Toronto) and other globally prominent scholars in Linguistic Anthropology and Language and Society
- Publishing companies (Taylor and Francis, Elsevier, Sage, John Benjamins, Wiley)
- Universities (20 displays)
- The Endangered Alphabets Atlas
- Local and International Ethnographical Associations
- The Endangered Languages Archive (ELAR), University of London
- Anthropological and Cultural Performances from Philippine performance companies and traditional groups
- Anthropological one-day options to sites significant for Philippine language and society
- The GLOCAL CALA 2021 abstract submission /call for abstracts opens on June 1, 2020, and closes on January 1, 2021. Submit at the following link, with all information. https://cala2021.upd.edu.ph/submit
For full Scientific Committee, see: https://cala2021.upd.edu.ph/sc-committee/
- Conference proceedings (ISI / AHCI indexed)
- Several special Top Tier (Scopus/ISI /ACHI /SSCI) journal issues and monographs are planned with well-ranked publications and publishers only, from papers submitted to The GLOCAL CALA 2021 that meet review requirements. Ample assistance is provided to revise papers.
Ms. Nhan Huynh
Head of Communications
Submission link: https://cala2021.upd.edu.ph/submit
Roxas Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
1101 Manila , Philippines