Gdansk University of Technology & Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) invites proposals for the conference Income and wealth inequality: drivers and consequences. The conference will take place on September 27-29, 2023 at the Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland.
We invite submissions from scholars representing various social science disciplines that deal with the following research topics:
- inequality trends;
- intergenerational inequalities;
- inequalities within the household;
- income and wealth inequality measurements;
- gender inequality and discrimination in the labor market;
- consequences of household debt;
- determinants and consequences of wealth accumulation;
- understanding and measuring poverty with an emphasis on poverty reduction and economic development strategies;
- preferences for redistribution: measurements, factors, and effects;
- education, labor markets, and inequalities;
- comparative assessments of social and fiscal policies on inequality and poverty;
- impact of new technologies and Artificial Intelligence on social inequalities;
- environmental protection and economic inequalities;
- selected sustainable development goals and social inequalities;
- impact of crises on inequality and poverty, and policy responses.
We encourage scholars to submit papers that utilize LIS/LWS Databases ( https://www.lisdatacenter.org ) or similar income and wealth microdata in their cross-national comparative research or case study. We also welcome papers that combine macro and microdata.
We invite scholars to submit full papers or extended abstracts no shorter than 1000 words.
- Deadline for full paper/extended abstract submission : May 15, 2023
- Notification of acceptance : May 26, 2023
- Registration open : June 1, 2023
- Registration closed for presenters : June 20, 2023
- Registration closed for other attendees : September 4, 2023
The proposal can be submitted on-line from here.
Gabriela Narutowicza 11/12
80-233 Gdańsk , Poland