About the Conference
SEBI and NISM are glad to invite academicians, researchers, policymakers, regulators, students and other stakeholders to participate in the Fifth SEBI-NISM Research Conference on “Sustained Capital Formation – The Way Forward. The conference is to be held during March 14-15, 2024 in physical mode at NISM Campus, Patalganga. The goal of this conference is to continuously improve the research standards in securities markets, facilitate industry academia interaction and exchange of information and knowledge. The conference aims to provide a platform for every participant to share their unique perspectives, thoughts and knowledge.
Broad conference themes include the following:
• Capital Formation and Inclusion through Deepening of Securities Markets- Extant Policy Framework and Way Forward;
• Behavioural Analysis of Investors across various asset classes;
• Sustainable Finance-Global Experiences and Lessons to learn;
• Use of Big Data and Machine Learning;
• Infrastructure Financing.
Call for Papers
Academicians, researchers, policymakers, regulators, students and other stakeholders are invited to submit full papers related to the above specified conference themes. Further details of themes are given on the conference website under the 'Themes' section. The submitted work should not have been published elsewhere and should not be intended to be published elsewhere during the review period. Papers can be submitted under two different categories:
1. Regular Category (RC)
2. Young Researcher (YR) Category
Separate Category and Session for Young Researchers:
Objective behind organizing Research Conference is to promote research in the area of securities markets in India especially providing a platform for Students/Young Researchers (YRs). Like last year, this year also, we will be accepting papers that deal with various issues concerning securities markets from YRs. The aim is to help YRs to present their research ideas and solicit feedback and guidance so as to enhance the relevance and quality of their papers.
• The topics should be related to securities markets and need not be restricted only to the conference themes. Preference will be given to empirical papers with meaningful conclusions and policy implications.
• Participants can be under-graduate, graduate, PG students or young researchers pursuing full time PhD with any university and below 35 years of age.
• There will be a cash prize of `15,000 for the best paper in this segment.
• There will be special YR Category session for presentation of Selected YR papers in the conference. The session will be open to the conference audience.
Final papers are to be submitted on or before the specified dates through the paper submission link (Link will be shared later) as per detailed guidelines available on the conference website.
• The submission link will be same for both categories.
• Same author cannot submit papers under both categories i.e. YR Category and Regular Category.
• Selected authors from YR Category will have to provide Proof for Date of Birth and Proof of education level from the HoD of their Department or schools/PhD guide on letterhead after selection of their papers.
• Those submitting papers in YRs category have to state the paper title as YRC-title of paper. Regular Category researchers needs to mention paper title only. Further details are provided in paper submission guidelines under "Call for Papers"..
• Papers not submitted as per the submission guidelines will not be accepted.
Dates for the conference: March 14-15, 2024
Last date for Paper Submission: January 15, 2024
Announcement of Paper Acceptance: February 15, 2024
CommencementofRegistration: February 10, 2024
Registration Ends by: March 10, 2024
Criteria for Selection of Papers and Awards
1. Papers submitted on or before the timeline will only be considered.
2. The papers submitted under the regular category should be strictly as per themes provided in the call for papers.
3. Further, for the submitted papers, more weightage will be given to the paper providing suggestions for achieving and improving SEBI's broader objectives i.e. to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
4. Decision of Selection Committee on acceptance /rejection of the paper will be final.
5. An amount of ₹10,000 will be awarded per selected paper to the author (to the first author only, if the paper is co-authored). There will be no such award for submissions under YRs Category.
6. There will be three Best Paper Awards (first, second and third) and will be awarded ₹45,000, ₹35,000 and ₹25,000 respectively, which will be announced at valedictory session.
For any queries, contact:
Mr. Ashutosh Kumar
Mobile No.: +91 9326022370
WhatsApp No.: +91 7506581992
Please visit the conference website for more details:
Link to the conference website: https://www.nism.ac.in/conferences/fifth-sebi-nism-research-conference-sustained-capital-formation-the-way-forward/
NISM Campus, Plot No. IS 1 & IS 2, Patalganga Industrial Area, Mohopada, Rasayani, Dist- Raigad, Near Navi Mumbai
410222 Panvel , India