24th Annual Research Conference
De Nederlandsche Bank, Amsterdam* 5th November 2021
The aim of the conference is to investigate how macroeconomic policies affect business dynamism and how that affects macroeconomic aggregates. Of particular interest are papers that study these issues in light of the current challenges posed by the ongoing Covid-19 crisis and the broader discussions around the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The effects of macroeconomic policies on the productivity, size and market power of firms.
- The effect of business dynamism on aggregate outcomes.
- The interaction between business dynamism and unemployment.
- The effectiveness of the PEPP at promoting firm survival during the pandemic.
- Business dynamism in the aftermath of the pandemic.
- The effects of policies aimed at mitigating the adverse consequences of climate change on productivity and inflation.
- Uncertainty related to climate change and firm behavior.
John Cochrane (Hoover Institution at Stanford)
Paper submission & important dates
We invite the submission of high quality theoretical and empirical contributions. Manuscripts should be submitted to DNB_ResearchConference@dnb.nl by the 31st of August 2021. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by the 15th of September 2021.
Andrea Colciago, Andra Smadu, Razvan Vlahu
*In case the Covid-19 pandemic does not permit it, the conference will take place online