The Department of Economics consists of around 30 full-time faculty, 8 post docs and 60 PhD students. Our research covers a broad span in micro, macro, econometrics, labour, banking, finance, international and environmental economics as well as a number of interdisciplinary topics. A wide range of methods are employed, both theoretical and empirical. We aim to publish our research in leading economic journals, but also have a strong focus on policy relevance and disseminating our research results to the general public. See the area pages to further explore our research.
The Department of Economics supports the Bachelor and Master in Economics and other programmes at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration. We also offer service to other faculties.
Bachelor/Master of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in de Economische Wetenschappen (print in pdf) - Dutch programme
- Master of Science in Economics - English programme
Master of Science in Algemene Economie
- Master of Science in de Algemene Economie (brochure 'master via schakelprogramma'; brochure 'master via voorbereidingsprogramma') - Dutch programme
Master of Science in Banking and Finance
If you want more information about eligibility criteria and the admission process, go to http://www.mbf.ugent.be/
Other programmes at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
We offer a number of courses in other programmes at the faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration and Management
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Business Economics,
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Business Engineering