Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences (ViA) is a state higher education institution, which offers 16 study programmes at the Faculty of Society and Science and the Faculty of Engineering. Founded in 1996 and in 2001 acquired the status of a state university.
ViA offers high-quality and flexible study programmes that successfully balance theory and practice. These are adapted to the current needs of society and changes in the labour market. The quality of the studies is ensured by experienced and professional teaching staff, advanced study methods, as well as by students who know what they want to achieve and how to succeed.
STUDY OFFER IN ENGLISH
- MSc Media and Information Literacy
- MSc Strategic Communication and Governance
- MSc Cybersecurity Engineering
- MSc Virtual Reality and Smart Technologies
- MBA Business Environment Administration
- Partnerships with more than 100 higher education institutions in around 45 countries
- More than 150 internship partners worldwide
- Collaboration with EAIE, EkoTekNord, Businet, ATLAS, Microsoft Academy and IEEE Computer Society
- Erasmus+ and Nordplus exchange opportunities
- Annual Baltic International Summer School
- Lecturers with global experience
ViA is located in Valmiera, Latvia. The country is situated by the Baltic Sea and boasts a 500-kilometre long coastline. Latvia shares its border with Estonia, Lithuania, Belarus and Russia. Green, well-connected and safe, it is set to become the great new destination for globetrotting students and professionals.
As for Valmiera, it is a vibrant town with a population of around 25,000. Placed in the TOP 3 Micro European Cities of the Future by the Financial Times newspaper fDi intelligence, Valmiera has a buzzing business community, which provides great career prospects for people looking to settle down in Valmiera. The city is also a regional centre for sports, culture and education.
Find out more: www.va.lv/en