We, as Sakarya University (SAU), İstanbul Medeniyet University (İMU) and National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Faculty of Turkish Studies and Modern Asian Studies, would be honored to host the symposium called 5th International Congress of Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language, the fifth of which will be held in Athens (Greece) on June 27-28, 2019.
Since the thematic topic of this year congress is Use of Technology in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language, studies on this topic will be given priority. Besides, the congress will also be open to the other studies on teaching Turkish as a foreign language.
The official languages of the symposium are Greek, Turkish and English.
We would like to hold a congress which will be effective and influential for the participants and the coordinators.
We will be honored to host you in Athens for the 5th International Congress of Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language.
- Use of Technology in Teaching Turkish as a Foreign Language (Main Theme)
- Teaching Methods for Foreigners
- Language Policies on Foreign & Second Language Teaching & Learning
- Foreign & Second Language Teacher Training
- Foreign & Second Language Teaching in the World
- Current Practices, Problems and Possible Solutions of Teaching & Learning Foreign & Second Language
- Current Practices, Problems and Possible Solutions of Teaching Foreign & Second Language in World Universities
- Bilingual education policies
- Multilingual education policies
- Second Language Acquisition
- Problems and Possible Solutions in the Education of the Bilinguals
- Problems and Possible Solutions in the Education of the Multilinguals
- Multicultural Educational Environments
- Digital Age and Its Effect on Second & Foreign Language Education
- Bilingualism and Sociolinguistic
- Linguistic Approaches in Teaching & Learning on Foreign or Second Language
- Condition of the Classroom Equipment in Teaching a Foreign or Second Language
- Studies on the Future Perspectives in Teaching a Foreign or Second Language
Studies on the Future Perspectives in Bilingual Education
- Condition of the Classroom Equipment in Teaching Language to Bilinguals
- Registration fee should be paid for each submitted paper.
- The registration fee should be paid by considering the number of authors in the paper even if all authors do not attend the congress.
- The number of authors will not be considered in virtual presentations’ registration fee. However, the amount of virtual presentation is limited to 20.
- Registration fee includes congress equipment (certification, bag, etc.), congress treats, publication.
- Payment details will be sent with acceptance letter.
- Researchers are required to submit the abstracts of the studies they have carried / will have carried out on the aforementioned topics in accordance with the calendar of the congress. (Deadline for the submission of the abstracts: April, 1, 2019).
- The abstracts submitted will be sent to the referees who will be designated by scientific committee. The approach adopted for the refereeing process is “the double-blind peer-review application”.
- The abstracts will be evaluated via the paper evaluation form prepared on the scale of 100 and the papers which get less than 50 points will be rejected.
- Submission will be evaluated and authors will be informed in 10 days. Accepted papers will be announces (renewed consistently) in our web site at “Accepted Papers” link.
The duration for the presentation individual or the joint papers is 20 minutes, the duration for the discussion is 10 minutes. The abstract should not be over 400-500 words and should include the topic, research question, the techniques in addition with the samples and the bibliography.
They are means of exchanging data on the completed research results. The time and place for these presentations will be determined by the organizational committee.
Panepistimiou 30, Athina 106 79
Athens / Greece
Kemalpaşa Mahallesi, Üniversite Cd. Esentepe Kampüsü, 54050 Serdivan/Sakarya
Serdivan , Turkey