The Quarterly Updates provide an overview of the latest developments and most frequently cited violations in California. Our team of experts and guest speakers will provide valuable information to help you stay in compliance. This event provides an excellent opportunity for safety professional, human resources representatives an opportunity to network with other safety professionals.
Topic: What to Do After A Citation
Presenter: Dick Monod, OSHA Training Institute Instructor and Former Cal/OSHA Compliance Officer Check-in Time: 11:45am
Topics covered during the presentation include:
- What to ask for during the exit/closing conference
- Understanding the three requisite elements needed to issue a citation
- Understanding a citation’s Elemental Analysis
- Tips on the Cal/OSHA Form 1BY “Notice of Intent to Issue Serious Citation”
- Alternative regulatory actions other than Citation…aka “Notice/Information Memorandum”
- Requesting a case file and why this is important
- Filing an Appeal on line and the Affirmative Defense options
- Informal Conferences and what to expect
- Understanding the “waiver of cost” vs. “non-admissions” clauses.
There is no cost to attend this event, however individuals looking to earn (.3) Continuing Education Units (CEUs), may do so by paying a $25 fee to obtain a certificate of attendance.
Who Should Attend
Safety Professionals, Supervisors, Human Resources and personnel responsible for overseeing safety in the workplace. This is a great opportunity to network with Safety Professionals.
Day parking is $8 at CSUDH.
To register, call (310) 243-3741
Carson , United States